Well the summer of camps seems to have officially ended.
The Lord allowed me to become involved with three camps and two Vacation Bible Schools since June…and honestly its been one of the enjoyable summers of my life!
Of course part of the fun was being able to act like a teenager for weeks (and injure multiple parts of my body in the process). But the Lord has helped me learn many important lessons through camp ministry as well.
- Like respect is earned as you get actively involved in the daily activities with the kids
- When your playing a game with cups of water and teens promise not to throw it on you they are lying
- On a related note…it’s not a good idea to dump a cup of water on their head and laugh
- Young men when eating Vegemite will respond like ten-year old girls
- Young women when eating Vegemite won’t respond at all
- Contrary to popular opinion, lots of teenage girls do enjoy playing in the mud
- There is no shame in allowing thirteen-year old girls to defend you in a game of dodge ball (keep in mind I was injured)
- And don’t challenge a teenage boy in the pool because he may just throw you over his shoulder and crack a rib
On a serious note its been amazing to see the Lord work in the hearts of so many young people for Him, and share the burden He has placed upon my heart for Australia. So as my injuries heal and sunburn fades I praise God for the opportunity to act like a kid for a couple of weeks.
Oh and to those campers-I love and miss you all.